1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recycle Bin Items Don't Show

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Cora, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cora

Cora Thread Starter

Hi I have XP and my recycle bin items don't show. I redid the whole registry due to a computer virus. Now the thing still doesn't show! I thought it may have just been a corrupt file. I noticed a link someone suggested to someone else.....

http://forums.techguy.org/t98784/s.html

But it didn't work for me.
    The recycle bin hid items also upon removing Norton, so that's not the problem. I did remove manually the user info so I didn't have to log in with a password everytime I start my computer but don't think that's it. It seems like Windows has a lot of problems for people who want to see recycle bin items.

2. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

try going to the recycle bin's folder on the hard drive. it is located in the folling folder for the C:\ drive:
    c:\recycler
    (You can replace "C" with any drive letter, they all have them.)

3. Cora

Cora Thread Starter

I tried that and it says the drive is inaccessible.

4. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

I think I spelled it wrong (I was at school, and I hevn't done this for a long time). Try unhiding the protected system files and looking for the folder (like in the image)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Cora

Cora Thread Starter

Thanks! You fixed it!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice