1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recycle Bin not displaying deleted items

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cirrgang4, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cirrgang4

cirrgang4 Thread Starter

When I delete files or shortcuts, they go to my Recycle Bin. The Recycle bin has an icon indicating there are items in it. When I click on the Recycle bin and open it, the deleted files show up for a second or two then disappear. So at this point I'm unable to select and restore deleted files. They are still in the recycle bin, since if I right click on the recycle bin it asks me do you want to delete # items.

I've checked the Recycle Bin properties, and it doesn't have the delete files immediately option selected. My folders properties are set to show all files and file extensions.

Any ideas?

2. TOF

TOF

Here are the instructions from the site that issues this patch:
    To use the file: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

The website claims that this file will replace and\or repair the registry values for your recycle bin. The Firefox browser will not work when downloading the recycle bin patch. You will have to use Internet Explorer browser.

This patch is only for Windows XP.

3. cirrgang4

cirrgang4 Thread Starter

Thanks. After reviewing the suggested site, the main problem was that I had used the "subst" command to create virtual drives. After removing the "subst" drives (using subst drive: /d), any newly added items show up in the recycle bin.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/302082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice