1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recycle Bin Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stu37, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stu37

stu37 Thread Starter

hi, i was wondering what i can do to make items in the recycle bin appear. whenever i go there to delete items permanently there is a blank page. So if someone knows i'd appreciate your input. this is for xp home. thanks

2. paradox365

paradox365

is "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted" unchecked or have you gone over your max for recycle bin memory?

3. stu37

stu37 Thread Starter

no it is not checked and delete confirmation dialog is checked. No i hardly have anything in bin.

4. zephyr

zephyr

5. stu37

stu37 Thread Starter

thanks zephyr for the repairfile, which i tried but nothing shows up yet in recycle bin. it's still blank. Anyone else have a fix for this? there's 108 kb's in there.

6. GazmanAus

GazmanAus

Have you made sure that you have enabled the following through Windows Explorer?

Tools - Folder Options - View - Show hidden files and folders.

7. zephyr

zephyr

There's still a glimmer of hope. The last person I sent that link to got it to work but had to do the following ritual. First run the repair file and affirm the changes. Then dump the Recycle Bin and reboot. Then run the repair file once more. Then dump the Recycle Bin if it allows. If it has nothing in it, try deleting some trash file and see if it now shows up.

The crux of the issue was multiple reboots, dumps, and executions as I recall.

Maybe it was running the repair file after dumping the Bin, try that also.

Post back any results.

8. stu37

stu37 Thread Starter

Thanks GazmanAus and zephyr. I checked add hidden folders and it didn't help when i went to bin, but done the fix again and that done it. Thanks again
    Bob

9. zephyr

zephyr

That's good news Bob! The repetitive procedure with the .reg file is the key although I have never determined exactly how or why. I'm just glad I had that info fed back to me and could pass it along to help you. (Perhaps I should tell Kelly too) It may be something as simple as dumping the Recycle Bin prior to running the .reg file but I'll not be able to explore that since I can't duplicate the problem locally.

All's well that ends well.

(y)

10. keddy

keddy

Hi guys,

I had a similar problem.

My Recycle Bin was saying that it had stuff in it so i went to empty it and the files inside it happened to be the WINDOWS directory. I got a empty window when exploring the recycle bin. Patch above worked first try. no restart or anything.

Thanks Heaps

Ked(y)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/178851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice