1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

recycle bin window corrupted

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by foundata, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foundata

foundata Thread Starter

The Recycle Bin window got somewhat corrupted while using another application that went crazy while the recycle window was open - Firefox started producing multiple windows on screen. I reinstalled Firefox (its own window also got corrupted; now fixed with reinstall), however that did not fix the corrupted Recycle Bin window.

I then completely removed the account, and deleted the user directory, for the user name where the corruption happened. Now, when I create ANY new user account, the Recycle Bin window comes back corrupted. Older user accounts are not affected.

Is there an easy fix?

Using Win2k with latest updates.

If you want to see what the corrupted Recycle Bin window looks like, I have uploaded a screen capture of the window.

Attached Files:

2. kniht

kniht

See if this will help:

Go here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Scroll to line 64. On the right, right click on "Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP", select "Save target as". Download to your desktop where you can easily find it. Right click on the .reg file and select "Merge". When asked if you want to add this to the registry, confirm.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice