recycle bin

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SavvyLady

My recycle bin appears to have something in it but when I open it its empty. Yet when I right click on it & choose delete , it shows 5 items in it. It ask if I'm sure? How can I be sure when I can't find the items?

This is probably a stupid question but, is your "Hide protected system files" unchecked and you are showing your hidden files and folders? Otherwise it sounds like a weird problem...

SavvyLady

you know what... thats not stupid at all... I had to repair IE last night & that very well may be the problem. I'll check & see!

Folders was not hidden but extentions were. I corrected it but still no results in the recycle bin

are you viewing it from the desktop icon or windows explorer?

if the former - try the latter
(and the latte - it's v. good this morning ;) )

perhaps you can see more from C:\RECYCLED
with 'see all extensions' and 'view system files' etc enabled

SavvyLady

I just rebooted.... no help
Now I am looking in the R B from windows explorer... still nothing shows... I had previously checked to see if it was hidden in Folder Options & corrected that... still no show of whats in the R Bin...
Deleting it is not a problem ... least I hope it isn't... but
why is it happening & how am I supposed to know what I am seleting?

well I found it in C:\RECYCLED
... thanks jbcalg

Attachments

Originally posted by SavvyLady
well I found it in C:\RECYCLED
... thanks jbcalg
the latte ??

never mind, not up to discussions of recycled latte this morning :D

SavvyLady

jb... you wouldn't care for my latte.... its instant.( least my caffe latte is)..lol

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online