RECYCLER quick query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

captainclean

When i run the Ad Aware scanner it scans about 9500 objects under the heading RECYCLER.
I had previously emptied and deleted the RECYCLER using commands attrib -r -a -s -h followed by rmdir.
What are these 9500 objects do you think ?

Thanks for your attention

The Captain

captainclean

the opposite problem has now occurred !! RECYCLER does not appear at all in the list of scanned objects with adaware. however at the same point in the scan a new object called C:\Program Files\Thomson has appeared and takes up about 4000 items.
i looked up Thomson on google & it seems to be to do with Alcatel modems.
i have updated adaware regularly...maybe the latest version ignores RECYCLER.

Thanks for your attention

the captain.

captainclean

my mistake...the RECYCLE material is still t here & is increasing rapidly. it now has about 20000 items. i tried to delete the RECYCLER folder as before using the rmdir commands but this time i got the message "ACCESS DENIED to recycler\S - 1 - 5 - ~2\Dc19 and recycler \S - 1 - 5 - ~2\Dc20 "

Any ideas why the access is now denied ? i am running trend micro housecall at the moment to see if that turns up any hidden nasties ( i normally use AVG, adaware, spybotS&D , a squared and ewido )

thanks for your attention

the captain

captainclean

i finally managed to subdue the RECYCLER beast by going into safe mode ( via msconfig...not by using F8...that did not seem to work correctly ) and changing the settings on the Security Tab.
i was unable to find any info on the Lavasoft Forums because they have been chopped. i did find a few bits on the Castle Cops forums and a good article on techbytes for which i am grateful.

ther Captain

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online