1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recyle bin items not displayed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by YaParker, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. YaParker

YaParker Thread Starter

I recently discovered the problem that after items were deleted the do not display in the recycle bin. My setting are set up so that they do. And if I click the "empty the recycle bin" it displays the usual message of if I am sure I want to delete the x amount of items. I have looked and made sure all hidden files were displayed in properties but it did not work. Can you help me?

2. Augie65

Augie65

This is for recycle bin not showing any deleted files.

Delete any file (just to make sure there's something in the bin).

Then, with the Recycle Bin CLOSED (do not open it), right click the Recycle Bin desktop icon, select:

Empty Recycle Bin, and when the Confirm File Delete dialog box comes up, click the OK button.

Then reboot your system.

3. YaParker

YaParker Thread Starter

So once this action is accomplished, the next time I delete something, if I open the recycly bin it will display what is like like normal? This is what I want to happen in case I would like to go back and restore the file.

4. YaParker

YaParker Thread Starter

So once this action is accomplished, the next time I delete something, if I open the recycly bin it will display what is like like normal? This is what I want to happen in case I would like to go back and restore the file.

5. Augie65

Augie65

This action repairs a corrupt recycle bin. Just delete something so that the recycle bin contains something (create something to delete if you need to). Carry out the described action and restart. This should return your recycle bin so that is shows the deleted items when you delete them.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice