Not open for further replies.

Red Alert 2: Menu Buttons/Main Menu animation bugs - NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M

8K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ajkane 
#1 ·
Laptop: Dell XPS L702X

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M

WIN7 64 bit

All drivers up-to-date.

I have RA2 installed but have to alt tab out and back in again to see any buttons. If I want to go to the internet on RA2 I have to click where I know the button is, alt tab out, go back into RA2 and it will appear. Almost like I need to refresh the screen by alt tab'ing out.

Tried both CD and MP install from the official RA2 XWIS servers. Compatibility tried, and running as admin.

No results, a bit stumped.

Help Appreciated

#4 ·
Hmmm.... It seems like your OS isn't handling the game right even in compatibility mode. Try this:
1) Open cmd in administrative mode
2) type "sfc /scannow" (without quotes)
3) Let it scan, it is scanning all OS files and repairing corrupted ones (there is probably some corruption in the compatibility mode files)

#6 ·
hmmm.... Sometimes weird things happen. For example, I used to have a gateway performance 500 (older then me, I'm 14,) its specs were fine on this game I wanted to run, it met the recommended, but every time I ran it the OS would crash and it would say it had recovered from a critical error. even with a new OS it did this, so all I have to say is I'm sorry I have no idea what is wrong with the game, someone else with more experience may be able to help you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.