1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Red Alert Mulitplayer

Discussion in 'Games' started by redalert95, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redalert95

redalert95 Thread Starter

hey

another question about red alert

For multiplayer there is no choice for a cable modem.

There is only dial, answer and null modem choices. So we tried all of htem and couldnt get it to connect.

Is there any way to play this on a cable modem?? If so how??

Post a reply or e-mail me @ [email protected]

2. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

its an old game it wont be there but it might say lan and u can paly with people on your network

3. redalert95

ummm

there is no LAN option, so i guess that that didnt help much but thank you for trying, ill hope someone knows another answer

again thank you for trying

4. McTimson

McTimson

There wouldn't be any option for 'cable modem'. When RA2 came out, cable internet didn't exist. You may have to look for something with a network, since that's probably how you're connected to the internet. But do you know the person who you're trying to connect to? I mean, there won't be a thing like Battle.Net or anything, where you can just select a game, you have to know the person you're connecting to, and just play a game with them.

5. redalert95

ya i was tryin to hook up to my cousin it asks for a name and number in dial up so we used the comp name and ip address

6. McTimson

McTimson

I think the only method that Red ALert had was by modems....so you could either both get a modem and connect, or you could search google, and see if someboy has found a way around it...

7. redalert95

k thanks for the advice, we both have cable modems so ill check and see if i can find anything, but any other advice is always welcome

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    there may be a third party program that will do it. Though unlikely. C&C: Red Alert was created in the early 90s way before cable modem was even introduced. Having said that, you can connect to westwood online (if you haven't done it yet, you can install it from the CD-ROM called westwood online components) and make a game up on their game servers.

I'm assuming that your game works now and that your other thread is complete. The LAN option would be disabled if you installed the patch I mentioned in the post.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice