Red and Green Light on CPU

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rolltide2us

When I turn on my CPU both the red and green light come on. I have it pluged into a power strip and if you turn the power strip on and off real quick the CPU will come on. If not, the only thing that will come on is the red and green light and it will not boot up.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Just to check... you mean the cpu as in your computer... not the central processing unit... right? Try using a differnt power strip or non at all and see if that works. Which lights do your red and green leds correspond to? If you are booting both should light up. The green is usually the power led (is always lite green when on... yellow when on standby) the red is usually the HD or IDE led... lights red when the HD or an IDE device is being read/written to.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online