1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Red dots on desktop icons

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Dan156, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan156

Dan156 Thread Starter

I've very recently upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium. I've set up a numer of desktop icons and shortcuts to various Microsoft programmes. A number of these now have red dots on the icon. What does this mean and should they be there?
    Secondly, the icons no longer appear in the Start menu. How can I restore these? If I try to copy and paste from the Desktop icons, the icon itself does not appear on the Start menu.

2. MRS DSL

MRS DSL

I have the same problem.
    My Acer Aspire laptop came with Vista Home Premium already loaded. I installed
    Office 2002 and uninstalled the Home and Student 2007 trial version. Since then, red and
    blue dots appeared on the left bottom corner on some of the icons on my desktop and on some files.
    Why? and how can I get rid of them?
    Please help.
    Thanks,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice