Red eye

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DebbyR

Hi,
I've got a new digital camera, a WP Pentax Optio 6 MP. Still learning how to use it...
Most of the pictures we've been taking lately are in a fairly dark room, at night. And the thing that is bad, is every picture has red-eye really bad. We tried the red-eye setting, & other settings, and they still turn out that way. Looks like I have to edit them all... grr...
any tips?
Another thing... I use Adobe Photo Deluxe, and its hard for me to get the right color, for the red-eye correction... is there a program, possibly free, that is better with the red-eye correction?
Thanks, & Merry Christmas!
Debby

I use Photoshop CS---a professional program and it does great instaneous red eye removal. You might take a look at Adobe Photoshop Elements----I think it has the same red eye removal tool. I don't know anything about Deluxe, I assume it is a basic organizer that really isn't meant to do major photo touch ups and repairs.

from what I've heard, red-eye reduction is pretty much ineffective when you use a flash directly next (above or side) to the lens because it's caused by the light reflecting of the back of the person's retina. you need to use an external flash or indirect lighting.. right?

DebbyR

Yes, that's what a photographer said to me, that thing about the flash... so its gonna have to be a better editing program, I guess... who has time to drag around another flash? Not me. I may try to turn on more lights, I guess too...

Thank you both,
Debby

i've seen several programs that do the red eye removal so it shouldn't be hard to find one. good luck.

Guyzer

Guy
It's Christmas and they are both free so what better time than now to try them?

DebbyR

Thank you everyone for your great suggestions & help!
I worked on some today.. have trouble finding "grey" on the color choice in Photo shop.. you have front & back... I guess I need to run through that tutorial of how to... best wait for a fresh brain, in the morning... looks good though. I did end up using "cloning" & using greys out of the picture itself, & a lighter grey to put a shine mark in... looks better anyway!
I am going to try the easy fix as well as learn how to use the photo shop tool properly too.
Thanks so much!
Debby

DebbyR

Thanks Hewee,
I printed off the Photo Shop instructions, and found success. It still takes quite a while, but the pictures are print-worthy now. My daughter in law took 44 pictures (Christmas day), and its taking me quite a while to work through them all!

This is example using freeware INFANVIEW
You place a box around each eye and click IMAGE/REDEYE REDUCTION (selection)

It takes about 3 seconds each, and might be an alternative to pecking out each pixel

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online