Red Hat running slow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LS

Hello. I have a new installation of Red Hat Gnome, and it runs very slow. Opening and closing windows take around 10-20 seconds. I am not able to find any setting for me to help. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you. LS

Roo

What version of RH you running RH9 (shrike)? and what kernel?

This information will help me help you.

Kind regards,
Roo

LS

Hello. Yes I am running Red Hat 9 with I believe Kernel 2.4.20-20.9

I appreciate your help. LS

LS

I am not quite sure how much RAM I have. I will check it tonight and let you know. Thank you. LS

LS

I did a FREE at the terminal and I believe I had about 128MB. So I put in another 128 and the machine seems to run faster now. Thank you very much to all who helped. LS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online