1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Red Monitor!!! :(((((

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NT4.0, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NT4.0

NT4.0 Thread Starter

I turned on my computer today and the monitor was all red-colored! The whole color palette is distorted. This happened to it once but as I turned off the monitor and then turned it on again it disappeared. Now nothings helps -- tried turning off everything for some 20 min., turning on the monitor before the computer itself, after it. Could that be bad contact in the cords or will I have to replace my monitor????? I have Compaq Presario (don't really think it matters)......

2. antonhs

antonhs

i had this happen to my old monitor - except it had turned green. Found out it was one of the RGB guns inside the monitor. I could bang the monitor on the top and it would go away for a few days and then pop its head up.

Ended up costing more to get it fixed than to buy a new monitor... i bought a new monitor.

3. norton850

norton850

I agree the atonhs. Check your monitor's cable and for bent pins on the plug, but usually this means a new monitor.

4. Lurker1

Lurker1

Most likely as stated one of the monitor guns has died. You should try hooking up the monitor to a different pc if you can just to be sure. If the problem follows the monitor then you would be better off buying a new one.

5. NT4.0

NT4.0 Thread Starter

Dang!.... I bought this monitor less than two weeks ago... Thank you guys for help, yes it really looks like the RGB palette is broken. When I tried to set up the monitor controls in its front to adjust the color palette, there are G and B but R is missing, and the adjustment controls don't seem to be working...

I hope I will be able to get it replaced....

I also tried to roll it over on the floor and it was changing its color palette depending on the position :) but it did not help anyway...

6. Soiled

Soiled

I had a the green flashes before aswell, wiggle the cord helped for a week or 2, but it got worse after a few months of that i just got a new/used one.

like a brand new Dell 17inch monitor used for like 175 bucks (canadian), big companies chuck thier stuff like once a year and i just happend to go shopping for a monitor the same week 5 or 6 monitors showd up in almost new condition, treated me well so far.

Id hope if you bought it used the store would swap it for ya, seeing how its only been 2 weeks since you picked it up, and if its brand new, the warranty will definatly cover ya.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice