Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red screen

2K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
What the heck is this? It just appeared today.

See less See more
#2 ·
Your image is too small to read and it goes to a login page on another site so we don't have access to it.

I believe that's a warning from the Microsoft Edge browser's smart screen feature but I can't make out the name of the site.

Can you post an actual screenshot here and not on another site where we'd have to create an account to see it?

#3 ·
This is what it says:

This site has been reported as unsafe
Hosted by search2.securyconnection.com
Microsoft recommends you don't continue to this site. It has been reported to Microsoft for containing phishing threats which may try to steal personal or financial information.

Go back
More information
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen

#4 ·
So it looks like you were doing a search on Yahoo and got sent to the site search2.securyconnection.com which is unsafe and Windows Defender SmartScreen warned you which is how it's supposed to work to protect you.

Did you click on the "more Information" to see what further information it gives?

#5 ·
More information
Phishing sites can impersonate trusted sites to trick you into revealing personal or financial information. Even if it looks and feels trustworthy, the site you are trying to visit could be a phishing site in disguise. By continuing to this site, you might be putting your sensitive information-like passwords, credit card numbers, contact info, or software activation keys-at risk. Learn more

These attacks often use spam emails, advertisements, or redirections from other sites that try to trick you into revealing sensitive information. If in doubt, go back.
This doesn't make sense because one of the websites is our credit union, Yahoo and other websites I get on all the time. This red screen just started this week.

#9 ·
You seemed to indicate you were getting this red screen when you were on websites you intentionally visit such as Yahoo, your credit union and others. But the important thing to note is the name of the site mentioned on the red screen itself because that can mean your browser is attempting to redirect you to a potentially dangerous site.

So my question is what site is named on these red screens? Is it always the one as shown in your screenshot above or does it show different ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.