1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

red x 4 pics

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by oldernrocks, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oldernrocks

oldernrocks Thread Starter

My neighbor has no trouble receiving e mail from me that has pictures imbedded in the body but when she returns them or sends them to others a red x appears in the upper left of the box that should contain the picture. All else seems to be working normally.

2. mobbgrease

mobbgrease

i had a similar problem with an old computer that i no longer have. My temporary solution was to save the pictures to my computer and attach them again to emails to be sent/forwarded. It was a hassle but did the trick for me. I'm sure there are better solutions but that may be a temporary one.

3. Augie65

Augie65

If you have Outlook Express: Open Outlook Express> Tools > Options. Next, click the Send tab. Under the" Mail Sending Format" header, be sure that HTML radio button is checked. Next, click on the HTML Settings button, make sure that SEND PICTURE WITH MAIL has a checkmark.

4. oldernrocks

oldernrocks Thread Starter

Thats what I had the lady do but she was dissatisfied and I knew there must be a way. I will check the other info given me in her computer tomorrow, it sounds "hot". I did check my own machine but I have no trouble and am set up as suggested.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!