Redesignate Default Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

photoguy

I have a notebook computer using W98. I have taken out the floppy drive and added a second hard drive. This is working well EXCEPT I can not keep W98 from looking for A: as a default after which it goes into limbo. It will not let me redesignate my CDROM drive as A.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Carl

Some where in your BIOS settings you may find the option to redesignate your A: drive as the new hard drive most laptops do it automaticlly but some still have to be told. And you will never get A: drive to be a CD rom its a winders (no typo) thing. The closes I have gottin was B: drive but it was mapped as a network drive.

photoguy

Dave,

I checked my BIOS settings. It reflects that there is no A: drive but does not allow me any options except for what the boot drive will be.

I am going to have to solve this in Windows if I do at all.

Thanks for your input.

photoguy

Sager - As far as I know they are only sold through ads in "Computer Shopper". I've had it several years and it has been a good value for the investment.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts