Redirect on native browser

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

philip1519

I am getting a redirect on the browser that is native to my Samsung S6. When I open the browser it takes me to the address ad.markkethub.com. Hitting the back button opens various (web pages?) that either tell me I can win things or that I need malware updates or software. The only way to get out is to hit the home button which takes me to the google home page or to task manager to close all apps. I am now using chrome as my default browser and it does not appear to be affected. Still, I don't like this on my phone and really want to get rid of it. Any ideas?

philip1519

Heard of it on some of the searches I have made. I guess that will be a starting point. Thank you for the recommendation.

philip1519

Malwarebytes couldn't find anything but it's still there. Seems like my home page has been changed but when I hit the home button in the browser it does take me back to google.

plodr

Liz
I don't own a smart phone and on my Android tablet, I never use the default browser.
Have you tried another browser? (I think I currently have 5 browsers installed).
Seems like you have some adware redirect. Sorry, I don't know how to clean Android up.

I did read that the default browser in Android was susceptible to something. I guess you caught whatever it was.

If you are familiar with AdBlockPlus on Windows computers, you might want to try the browser for Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.adblockplus.browser&hl=en

Although the default browser and chrome are loaded on my device from new, I rarely use either. I installed FF then Palemoon and lastly ABP.

I see for you that chrome is okay.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online