Redirecting web traffic to a web server?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jscuzza

This is a request from a customer of mine. He wants to redirect all incoming web traffic to his Server on port 8224

I am actually trying to remote into my network and when the traffic comes in to the network on any IP on port 8224, I want it to redirect to the server which is IP 10.0.0.5.

Well first of all his IP isnt 10.0.0.5 , but yes this can be done quite easily, all he must do is but a simple java script on the index page of the first site to make it redirect to the other server

Code:
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
window.location="http://IP_ADRESS:PORT";
// End -->
</script>
<noscript>
You should be redirected automatically. If not, click <a href="http://IP_ADRESS:PORT">here</a>.
</noscript>
Best of luck!

//DareDeval756

Jscuzza

That is his LAN IP address. So he wants to use port forwarding I believe. But if someone entered the IP address of their web server into Port Forwarding would it send all the information on that port to go to his Web Server.

I think he would have to change his HTTP port. Did I just answer mine own question though? I just need a second opinion heh.

I don't know much about servers.

I believe you did ;), but he must use his WAN, his lan will get his clients no where!

Best of Luck!

//DareDeval756

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online