reducing photo size when e-mailing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rosmari

The pictures that I have downloaded are between 1 and 1.4 MB (2272 x 1704).
I can email them individually, at which time I have the option to reduce the one that I'm mailing (to 60-70 KB, or 640 x 480).

But if I attach other pictures to that same email, they don't get reduced.

How can I attach several of these reduced pictures in one single email?

Assuming that you are running XP (you failed to mention your OS).

Dispklay your pics using Windows Explorer, select the pics that you want to attach by Ctrl/left click each one, click "Email the selected items" in the File & Folder Task menu, Click the Make Pictres smaller Click OK.

rosmari

that's what I did, but it works only for that one picture. If I want to send several at the same time, the others do not reduce.

Alternatively, how could I send them as attachments to be opened, rather than pictures within the email?

Yes, I do have XP.

You are holding the Ctrl key while selecting multiple images and Windows is processing only one? Odd. Most things in Windows will process all highlighted files when you right click on one of them and select an action.

I don’t know what program you are using for e-mail. Most have something you can click on to attach a file or folder. Put your pictures in a folder and attach it. Or hold the Ctrl key while you select the individual picture files you want.

rosmari

Thank you - I have found a way of doing it (mailing several reduced photos in one email), by transferring the ones I want to send into a new folder, and then "selecting all".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts