1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reformat Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ShadowKirby, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby Thread Starter

I was wondering how I would go about reformating my computer in case it decides to not work seeing that I dont have access to another computer. I have a windows 2000 (based on NT technology) I have the product and the cd i would appreciate any help on this. Thanks, Shadow Kirby.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

3. ShadowKirby

4. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

"You boot to the XP cd."
    Excellent suggestion.

5. ShadowKirby

lol owned.

6. ShadowKirby

Okay, I figured out how to do it and I did. I reformatted it on a fresh intallation so I have 2 Operating Systems,Cause there are some things I would rather not download again,and on the only one windows loads (which is the one I want, hurrah!) Has the worst desktop resolution ever. I was wondering how I could fix it so I can have more than 16bit color as it does not allow me to go any higher, I've tried drivers and such but the only Display Adapter available is Default Monitor a.k.a VGA. Please Help,
    ShadowKirby

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!