Reformat/Motherboard Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

trunten

I've just gotten a new computer and everything works properly, but whenever I try installing Windows it either freezes when it says Windows is preparing the installation wizard, freezes when installation reaches 98%, or goes to the e: prompt (CD-ROM) after the scandisk and registry checks.

I've tried checking to see if all the BIOS and CMOS settings are correct and if the jumpers are configured properly and they're all fine. I'm not sure what's wrong, I'm guessing the IDE port on the motherboard or my hard drive is broken, but I'm just guessing.

Sounds more like a bad stick of memory, if you have multiple memory sticks installed try removing all but one and see if it works, if not, try the other

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online