Reformat problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ricki142

I am trying to reformat my hp pavilion dv5. I upgraded from the Vista that was installed and added Windows 7. now I need to reformat because of some problems that won't go away - viruses, etc. I have run the anti virus, malware and trojon removers but still a problem. So... I've read the forums and all suggest hitting f11 at start up, repeatedly. that doesn't work - just goes to start up page. I also tried going to the recovery manager in the computer. same thing happens - restarts in normal window - no recovery options screen for reformat. anyone have an idea how I can reformat to original factory so I can reload everything. I have already gotten a back up made on external drive. I do not have discs, instead have a recovery partition D://. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. ricki142

ricki142

f10 is BIOS. NO manual. followed every suggestion so far negative results.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts