1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reformat rw's

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ju11an0, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ju11an0

ju11an0 Thread Starter

Ok, I have now created a slide show in Photodex-very good ap.
    I went to burn VCD to a DVD+RW and was informed by the ap that there wasn't enough room to burn it to the disk.

I highlighted the disk and went to properties and the FujiFilm DVD showed all blue, used space and the fileformate was 'unknown'.

I had Nero 7 Ultra but the slide show ap in it was a joke.

So, how does one reformate a CD/R-RW or DVD+RW.

Please and thank you:)

2. jkskinsfan

jkskinsfan

Hi Joe. You don't say what OS you are using, but I am running Windows XP SP2 and I can Erase Discs like this. Put your DVD/RW in your Burner and open "My Computer". Right Click on your DVD Drive and on the Drop Down Menu that appears there should be a Selection that says "Erase this DVD-RW". Just Click on it and the DVD/RW will be Erased. Hope this helps.

3. ju11an0

ju11an0 Thread Starter

Hey JKSKINSFAN
    I don't have that opiton. I am running XP Home w SP2.
    I have never had that option, Hmmmm. Is there something missing from my XP system.
    I have a Dell 4600, had it for years and never had the option you mention.
    I have used Nero 7 Ultra, hated it for slide shows so dumped it. Never tried the InCD ap part of it.
    I just tried InfraRecorder and that was a joke. I installed InCD 4 from the disk that came with my LG external drive and that didn't work.

I have a great little slide ap called Photodex, great but it does't format cd-rws

I should just go to k-mart and buy some cd-rs and see if that's gonna work,

Joe

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Are you burning to a CD-RW or a DVD+RW? You mention both.

Windows XP cannot erase DVDs. You have to use a program like Nero to burn DVDs. That said, I know nothing about the application you used to create slideshow. Obviously it has to support burning to DVD for playback on a standalone player. Did you read the program's documentation? Look for a support site on the web?

5. jkskinsfan

jkskinsfan

Hi again, Joe. Sorry for the Bum Steer. The info I gave you seems to work only for CD/RWs and Not DVD/RWs. My appologies.

6. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

And for those that seem to be lost and unerasable, try SuperBlank.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647027

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice