1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reformat

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jetboy, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetboy

jetboy Thread Starter

i need to reformat windows 98 se.however,when i try to do it,i get error message"invalid paramter".i need to know exactly what to type to get the process started.also,my floppy drive doesnt work.is it possible to re-install just using a windows 98 se disk?

2. raybro

raybro

Couple of problems here. If your A: drive is not working, just how are you trying to reformat the drive. You cannot format the C:drive from within Windows. It must be done in DOS. The only way I've ever done it is to have a Windows boot floppy and at the A: prompt type in format c: /s

As far as installing windows is concerned... The Windows CD is bootable. All you have to do is go into BIOS and have the CD drive first in the boot sequence. Insert the windows CD into the drive and reboot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice