reformat

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

terriblelizard

Virus got me in spite of Norton Utilities. I think I got rid of it but not before files had been damaged. I'm going to reformat but hate to loose all my download updates and favorite sites. Can I safely load them to CD and reinstall after reformatting without fear of bringing virus to my computer again? I understand these new viruses can actually disable Norton Antivirus so there's really no way to be sure it has been eradicated.

Save them to CD or whatever, and reinstall Windoze and better virus software that updates automatically....DAILY!! Once that is done copy all of your saved items to a temporary location on your drive and scan them....if yur scanning software is any good and there is a virus it will detect it b4 it hits your platters.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online