1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reformating Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by panicomg, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. panicomg

panicomg Thread Starter

Getting an error while trying to reformat windows xp. Setupdd.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Stop 0x00000050 ( 0xE53199F8,0x00000000, 0xf77f2f3E, 0x00000002)

setupdd.sys -address f77f2f3E base at f77ce000, datestamp 3d6dd67f

this error comes after trying to choose a partition

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

How are you starting the installation? Is it the same CD as the original installation?

3. panicomg

panicomg Thread Starter

Cyberpower recovery disk

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Did the CD come with the machine? How are you starting the setup?

5. panicomg

panicomg Thread Starter

Yes it came with them machine. i select boot from the cd.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

OK. Is the CD in good condition, no scratches or fingerprints?

What partitions are on the drive presently? Do you have a recovery partition or just one, large one?

7. panicomg

panicomg Thread Starter

i installed ubuntu over windows because i couldnt get windows to work. So now im trying to write over ubuntu. the partitions arent showing up. it says they are unknown. the cd is fine

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

That would have been useful information.

But what kind of drive is it, SATA or PATA? Or make/model?

9. panicomg

panicomg Thread Starter

SATA... yeah sorry its been along time sense i mest with it just want it to work so my friend can have it.

10. Paynesmanor

Paynesmanor

Sounds like you need to Reformat the hard drive, then install windows.. Also Are your jumper settings set so that the master is the one your installing from? Same thing with the CD drive, You have to have the jumpers set right or you get all kinds of weird errors..

Oh the Ram, If you have a bad ram stick, it can Muck with the install...

Hope this helps..

11. panicomg

panicomg Thread Starter

yeah i have no clue how about to reformat it any different then im trying. idk what a jumper is lol. Yeah i tried the ram thing now my screen says no signal...

12. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check the main board manufacturer's site and check for a SATA driver to be installed at the F6 prompt during setup.

Also, check the BIOS. Some BIOS have a setting for SATA that will allow it to be recognized and allow installation.

13. panicomg

panicomg Thread Starter

yea did that alrdy and it hadnt worked so i tried the ram thing. now im stuck with no signal on my screen lol

14. Paynesmanor

Paynesmanor

The ram thing, and No signal, No signal would indicate that you bumped the video card out of the slot. You are doing things with the computer OFF right??? Make sure you touch the side of the case while pulling out or putting in any card/ram/hard drives..

Put the ram back where it was make sure its plugged and clipped in correctly.. Make sure everything is connected correctly,, (video card is plugged in securly, and the monitor is plugged and tight to the video card)..

15. panicomg

panicomg Thread Starter

lol obviously i was doing it with the computer off. and unless im somehow puting the memory in wrong im positive i have everything in.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice