1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reformatted pc and reinstalled xp pro and....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by phi, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phi

phi Thread Starter

this is the first time i've reinstaled xp on this computer and now when i pull up any window that has a scrollbar on the side, instead of scrolling smoothly down like it's supposed to, it actually drags the page with it, so it looks like the page is scrolling over itself.....if i click once the page scrolls itself down accordingly which makes scrolling pages really annoying....i've went to my computer and properties and tried to configure it that way but i really don't know how to fix it. It happens in all windows, on the internet and in regular folders....

any help??

2. thegreatone

thegreatone

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Scroll down to Browsing and look for a check box that says use smooth scrolling. It is the very last check box under Browsing. Make sure it has a check.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

What graphics card and have you tried the most recent driver?

4. phi

phi Thread Starter

i had already tried the advanced scroll thing, but i didn't realize that since i had put a new graphics card in my pc that i had to update the drivers for it upon reformatting.

needless to say it works great now, thank you very much for replying!!

-PHi

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice