Reformatted XP with scan disk in usb/problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

debrajo

I did a reformat with XP. (My ScanDisc, Drive E, USB port was plugged in) worked fine. then i installed NortonGhost and copied the hard drive. then to test, I tried to do a restore of the image. Norton told me i had to use the recovery disc. I did. then it couldn't read the saved disc image on the disc in my CD ROM drive (drive D) I told it it was drive E (which is my ScanDisc, USB). it read the ghost image from the CD ROM (drive D) and restored. fine. In other words, it called my CD ROM drive drive E. --Up and running. then when i try to write to my CD ROM drive, the windows program that does this says it doesn't support that format. When I unplugged the Scan Disc and tried this again (to do another recovery), upon reboot, it asked if I need to insall drivers (OEM). apparantly it couldn't read from Drive D. I think it is confused between the two and I don't know how to tell it to fix itself. I can read from my CD ROM (drive D) and from my ScanDisc (drive E) but I cannot write to the CD. I think I know just enuf to totally screw up any computer. By the way, I do have to intall drivers for it to read the hard drive when doing a reformat. Do I need to do this upon restore also???did i just find my answer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online