1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reformatting a Bitlocker drive NO PASSWORD.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Random25304, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random25304

Random25304 Thread Starter

I recently bought an HP laptop at an estate sale. The previous owner is deceased. There is a windows password and the previous owners son also said it had Bitlocker installed. I am not interested in saving any of the data that is on there but rather I simply want to wipe or format the hard drive and install another operating system from a bootable installation CD.
    I am NOT the most computer techy kind of guy in the first place, so basically I need the quickest and easiest method, if there is one.
    Thank you in advance!!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the model name and complete model number of that HP laptop?
    What's the exact serial number and product number on it?
    What's the exact Windows version of its Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker?

We have no way to prove you bought that laptop or what your real intent is for wanting to access it, so we can't help you with the password issue.
    Once it's correctly identified though, we can proceed in a different direction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1186786

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice