Reformatting Destkop pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Black Echo

Hello all,
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question. I have a wireless router, but it is connected to my cable modem with a wire, but wireless for a laptop. I was just wondering if reformatting my desktop pc will cause internet connection problems on both the desktop and the laptop? The router is the Belkin Wireless G+ MIMO. I'm not tech savvy, so the router was set up by the Geek Squad. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

If you've just reformatted I would make sure that all your correct drivers and installed and up to date. Also, make sure your firewall is allowing access to the internet. A lot of times I even forget to configure that and it leaves me with a big :confused: face.

I hope this makes some sense. As far as the router, just make sure it is broadcasting and you don't have something like mac filtering enabled. Well, at this point.

Eh

(n)

Assuming the reinstall goes well, and all drivers are installed, the only problems would be the wireless connection. You'll need to re-enter the security key. This varies depending on the kind of wireless security you're using. You should be able to copy or print these settings before you re-format.
If you're using a wireless utility, it will need to be installed as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online