1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reformatting win 95

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by tavu23, Dec 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tavu23

tavu23 Thread Starter

I have reformattted my hard drive and am now trying to load my cd-rom drivers so I can start the setup program for win 95.I can copy the mscdex.exe file from the win 95 boot floppy but when I try to install my cd-rom software i get a message stating "could not find the file mscdex.exe in your dos subdirectory."From the boot floppy I use the command copy mscdex.exe c: and it does copy the file but evidently not to a dos subdirectory.Can anyone help me??Thanks....

2. brianF

brianF

Try using a win98 startup disk, choose with cdrom support from the menu, once booted, your cdrom drive will be one letter higher than normal, so if it's usually d it will be e

If you don't have access to a win98 computer to make a startup disk you can download one from www.bootdisk.com

Once downloaded put a floppy in the drive and run the .exe, it will extract the information to the floppy.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice