Refresh rate for LCD monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

digger747

Bought a acer AL 1714 lcd monitor for a budget system.Set refresh rate to 60 and adjusted screen asnd looks good.Noticed this morning that it has the capability of setting refresh rate as high as 75.Set it at that and it didnt look near as good.Maybe have to readjust.Should i just leave it alone or would it be better to set refresh rate higher.have to deliver it today and not sure if any major advantages to setting it higher.All other flat screens i have bought had 60 capabitity only.By the way it is a 17".Since budget system ,doesn't have DVI.

Actually, LCD monitors sync themselves to the incoming AC line frequency. In the US, that is 60Hz. Changing the refresh rate to any other setting will actually degrade the performance of the monitor, so I suggest you return it to the 60Hz setting and call it a job well done. (y)

We're all in this together... :D

Merry Christmas to you and yours; hope the client appreciates your work. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.