Refresh Rate on Win NT

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bilibom

Banned
I ve heard about monitor's refresh rate.
In winNT, could u plz tell me how to set the refresh rate?
(Also, which is the right number).

Should be the same with all Windows OSs:

• Right click on the desktop
  • Click on Properties
  • Click on Settings
  • Click on Advanced
  • Click on the Monitor tab
  • Set the refresh rate

I personally run at 75Hz. It's better than 60- what it was previously set to.

Don't use NT but should be the same. Right click a blank spot on the desktop>properties>settings>advanced>monitor. You'll see the dropdown arrow for refresh rate. I keep mine set at 75.

Oops, late again. :)

bilibom

Banned
lol no, boys, of course not. Windows NT are not the same.

Anyway, i found myself the refresh rate numbers. It has from 60-200Hz. Unlike XP, it has no box to tick about "hide displays that your monitor cant use". So I wonder if 75 is a safe number.

The refresh rate is entirely a matter of what your monitor can handle, as we have no idea what the monitor make and model that you use is, we could not possibly advise correctly!

Its got nothing to do with NT specifically.

75Hz is most definitely a safe number. Going over 100, depending on your type of monitor, is just asking for trouble.

NT doesn't hide refresh rates that can be damaging, XP does though. Anthing between 60-85Hz is definitely safe. (y)

bilibom

Banned
The refresh rate is entirely a matter of what your monitor can handle, as we have no idea what the monitor make and model that you use is, we could not possibly advise correctly!
So...u need learn what is the model of my monitor?
Its got nothing to do with NT specifically
My question was: how I can see the refresh rate option under WinNT enviroment...:rolleyes:
Anthing between 60-85Hz is definitely safe.
So, u suggest me put on 85? Are u sure?

Its your monitor that determines what the refresh rate should be set for.

I give up.

bilibom

Banned
Never said the opposite. U misunderstood.I asked something else.
Plz read my posts.

I know you are running WinNT, but refresh rates work the same with all OSs from Microsoft. The OS has nothing to do with it- monitors themselves support different refresh rates. Leaving it at 75Hz is just fine.

bilibom said:
(Also, which is the right number).
Control panel - Display

Then you want to know the "right number", which I have given up trying to answer since you don't want to tell us the monitor make and model

Incorrect scan and refresh rates can damage a monitor.

bilibom

Banned
8dalejr.fan said:
I know you are running WinNT, but refresh rates work the same with all OSs from Microsoft. The OS has nothing to do with it- monitors themselves support different refresh rates. Leaving it at 75Hz is just fine.
I asked something else. Plz read my first post.
Why u tell me "leave it at 75..."
Never said its at 75. Its at 60.:rolleyes:

Then you want to know the "right number", which I have given up trying to answer since you don't want to tell us the monitor make and model
This is not true. I asked if u want tell u my model.

Incorrect scan and refresh rates can damage a monitor.
I know that incorrect refresh rate can damage a monitor, thats why i made this thread.
What is the "incorrect scan"?

:eek: You're starting to get on my nerves now. :rolleyes: I answered all of your questions... :confused:

You asked:

I answered you with:

Right click on the desktop
Click on Properties
Click on Settings
Click on Advanced
Click on the Monitor tab
Set the refresh rate
You asked:

Also, which is the right number
I answered:

I personally run at 75Hz
You asked:

So I wonder if 75 is a safe number
I answered:

You asked:

I already told you to run 75 and I never told you to up it to 85. You can if you want- but 75Hz is just fine. 85 is safe too, but I personally run at 75Hz, like I already said.

You asked:

I asked something else. Plz read my first post.
Never said its at 75. Its at 60.
I know it's at 60. I told you to change it to 75Hz and LEAVE it at 75Hz once you change it.

Is this clear yet or must we continue? I've answered all of your questions- I told you how to do it and what you should set it to (change it to 75Hz instead of 60Hz). Why do you keep telling me I'm not answering your questions? :rolleyes:

I know you're refresh rate is 60Hz- that is the default value. Change it to 75Hz (that's a good number and it's safe) and let's just end this madness, shall we?

bilibom

Banned
Dear friend,
thanks for your time. But allow me correct u.
You asked:

Quote:

I answered you with:

Quote:
Click on Properties
Click on Settings
Click on Advanced
Click on the Monitor tab
Set the refresh rate
The truth is that when u answered me firstly u said
Should be the same with all Windows OSs:

Click on Properties
Click on Settings
Click on Advanced
Click on the Monitor tab
Set the refresh rate

same as dickster. And I told u this
lol no, boys, of course not. Windows NT are not the same.

Anyway, i found myself the refresh rate numbers. It has from 60-200Hz. Unlike XP, it has no box to tick about "hide displays that your monitor cant use". So I wonder if 75 is a safe number.

I hope u see now the point.

You asked:

Quote:
Also, which is the right number

I answered:

Quote:
I personally run at 75Hz

You asked:

Quote:
So I wonder if 75 is a safe number
I asked if 75 is safe number because as i explained, in winNt theres no box to tick with unsupport values, so things r not so clear as in XP, ok?

I answered:

Quote:

You asked:

Quote:

I already told you to run 75 and I never told you to up it to 85. You can if you want- but 75Hz is just fine. 85 is safe too, but I personally run at 75Hz, like I already said.
As u see, u told me that 60- 85 is safe. I then asked u"r u sure about 85?" And u now tell me..."i never told u put it to 85":confused: Sounds discrepant. If 85 is safe then why not put it on?

Never said its at 75. Its at 60.

I know it's at 60. I told you to change it to 75Hz and LEAVE it at 75Hz once you change it...
I dont think i made any mistake here. U told me clearly "leave it to 75" and i explained u that it was never to 75. U cant leave something in a value which was never been!:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online