1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

refurb system is it worth yo $$$

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by 4realdeal, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4realdeal

4realdeal Thread Starter

I looking around just in case I need to replace computer. but I really like the one i'm on when its working correct. I'm on a strict budget and i not sure what to get anyone have any pointers.;)

2. Treasurerat

Treasurerat

all depends on what your system need's are..what do you want the machine to do for you?one thing is..be careful .dont waste money on used old os product..when for just equal too or a little more you can get new ..look at major mfg.'s entry level products ..to see if those fit your needs without having to overbuy on more expensive mega bells and whistle units...shop around is the golden rule..and know what you want before you go shopping

3. buf

buf

You may want to consider a "bare bones" computer. Shop around for one. Global Computers, Tiger Direct, Suplus Computers just for starters. Newegg may have them also. Be careful and if you know someone who knows computers, get their advice/help. Good luck.

4. 4realdeal

4realdeal Thread Starter

Thankyou buff for the advice these are places of news to me i'll check them out, after reading about DELL i have second thoughts about this co. BARE BONES Comp. sounds very interesting..
    :) :)

5. buf

buf

You're welcome. At least with such a choice, you can kinda pick and choose what you want to buy and install in it or make a part of your purchase. I know very little about computers really but I have done this 3-4 times but with help in making the correct choices. The last time, I paid someone to physically install the motherboard; etc because that was the first time a barebones came with the MB not installed. Hopefully, a CD will come with your purchase that will have the drivers/info. Makes life simpler.

6. buf

buf

Was just looking for something else. saw this and thought of you:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2251696&sku=A455-2112 F If you have trouble with this link, use Tiny URL and reduce this link to one that is smaller.
    Of course, you realize that should you elect to go to barebones, you could possibly use some of your present hardware that is now in your computer.

Here is the Tiny URL for you: http://tinyurl.com/es54q

BTW, welcome to TSG. Stick around, I think you will like it here.

7. 4realdeal

4realdeal Thread Starter

thanks BUFF for the thought I'll get on this right a way. i'm sticking around I like it here.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487097

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice