Refurbished Desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dano_61

Hello all

I am in the market for refurbished desktop, I am looking for something in the $ 100-120 range, i am looking for specification recommendations I know i will not get much for that price, my last system only 2 GIG RAM so this is important i get more RAM, also I am looking for Windows 10

I am looking on Amazon currently

Thank you

Dan

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Dan:
If you want a refurbished desktop with Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit that has decent hardware specs, you will need to spend at least $200 - $300.
The Dell OptiPlex models with an Intel processor is what I recommend and what I've been buying since 2008.
Unless you prefer a small case size, get a "minitower/tower" model and avoid the "ultra small form factor" and "small form factor" and "desktop" models.
Frank

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You're welcome, and good luck. (y)
I noticed you live in Canada, so the Newegg site there may not give you as many buying choices as the U.S. site.

---------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm not a fan of eBay or HP or smaller case models, so I personally wouldn't buy that particular one.

If I did want to buy a refurbished HP in the $200 - $300 price range, I would buy one of THESE "minitower/tower" models.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The ebay item looks interesting. And they are not over charging on shipping. The down side is that the seller only has 1 previous customer.

You might also be interested in the different generations of i3, as explained here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online