1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Refurbished Monitors?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wogster, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wogster

Wogster Thread Starter

Hi quickly.... what do most people think about buying a refurbished monitor, I have a cpu with no monitor, and don't have the funds to purchase new... I have found a 17" IBM/DELL for $59.00 Canadian. I'm wondering if I should buy this...?

Any comments?

Wogster.

2. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

Your call. If you can get your money back if it doesn't work then why not.

John

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I dont see anything wrong with a refurb monitor. Especially at tath price. Tha is only about 30 something US Dollars.

4. hewee

hewee

I got a refurbished ViewSonic A95f that was a lot less then the news ones at Fry's. I mean it was the very same and cost so much less. The warranty was one year where the new model it was two years. But with the added savings I got I paid for a extended warranty from Fry's and still saved money over getting a new monitor.
    Have had it over two years now with out any troubles. So I could of paid even less because I wasted money on the extended warranty.

5. Wogster

Wogster Thread Starter

Well that settles it then, off I go to get a referbished monitor... thanks everyone.

Wogster.

End of transmission.

6. hewee

hewee

Wogster,

Note that I also got a good brand name.
    19 " flat screen with great colors and great text with great controls.

I had a NEC at first but took it back because text was hard to read, No bad because the colors and images looked better.
    But I am very happy now with the ViewSonic A95f and the controls are easy to use where on the NEC there were not.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/215417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice