Refurbished PC is Slow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LUIS39

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3995 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Hard Drives: C: 148 GB (99 GB Free); E: 7 GB (7 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 01TKCC
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I replaced VISTA but Windows 10 is still slow in spite of some tweaking.

What else can I do?

Thanks

First Name
Ramon
You only have 3 to 4 Gb of RAM and you have less than 100 Gb of disc space.
Provide us with your computer brand and serial or service tag number.

You have Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500, and it is discontinued. That means your PC doesn't have a GREAT computing power compared to more recent CPUs, and is no longer supported. Why is Windows Defender disabled? Do you have another antivirus?

Last edited:

LUIS39

You have Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500, and it is discontinued. That means your PC doesn't have a GREAT computing power compared to more recent CPUs, and is no longer supported. Why is Windows Defender disabled? Do you have another antivirus?
I have AVG-Is there a remedy for the slowness.

Windows Defender is a solid antivirus, and will work with Windows 100% of the time. 3rd party AVs cannot say that, and can lead to conflicts in your system. As texasbullet said, provide us with your computer brand and serial or service tag number. This will give us a more complete idea what you are working with.

LUIS39

You only have 3 to 4 Gb of RAM and you have less than 100 Gb of disc space.
Provide us with your computer brand and serial or service tag number.
DELL OPTIPLEX 380, the only number at the bottom of PC is DP/N :514D6 A02

Triple6

First Name
Rob
AVG is terrible these days and slows don't PC's. Uninstall it and use the built in Windows Defender.

That said, that's a really PC, that might just be as fast as it can go. Probably wasn't a good purchase. I wouldn't buy anything older than a 2nd generation i5 based system.

LUIS39

DELL OPTIPLEX 380, the only number at the bottom of PC is DP/N :514D6 A02
AVG is terrible these days and slows don't PC's. Uninstall it and use the built in Windows Defender.

That said, that's a really PC, that might just be as fast as it can go. Probably wasn't a good purchase. I wouldn't buy anything older than a 2nd generation i5 based system.
Thanks, I uninstalled AVG and activated Win Defender and got rid of a lot data . It is running a bit faster. I will be returning the PC and asking the seller to give me an upgraded one, 2nd generation i5 based system, as suggested.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online