1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Refurbished windows 7 computer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bubbles22, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bubbles22

Bubbles22 Thread Starter

I bought a refurbished windows 7 computer and after the set up i went on internet explorer to download a better browser and then a coloured screen appeared so i had to hold in the power button and start it up again and then it did it again please help urgent.

2. valis

valis Moderator

We are going to need more info. what is the make/model of the pc and what version of 7 is on there? Where did you purchase it from? What did the error state?

3. Bubbles22

Bubbles22 Thread Starter

I honesty have no idea all i know is that its windows 7 and there is something wrong with it

4. Bubbles22

Bubbles22 Thread Starter

Its a hp computer

5. Bubbles22

Bubbles22 Thread Starter

Sorry its not hp the monitor is hp but the computer is dell

6. Lance1

Lance1

If the monitor is showing a colored screen it's a strong possibility that it's either of three things. The video card, the cable connecting the monitor to the video card or the monitor itself. Do you have another monitor to test with? If not can you get a friends? If the screen comes up clean this will rule out the video car. Now put your cable from your monitor on your friend's monitor and test. If you get a colored screen then the cable is bad. If you can do these tests let us know what your findings are. Also to find what model of DELL you have click the start orb and scroll the programs and see if you have the "DELL Support Center" if you do click on it and tell us what the exact model of DELL you have.

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the exact "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on that Dell?
    What's the exact part/product number(P/N) on that HP?

--------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1158092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice