1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reg files problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nelsonite, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nelsonite

nelsonite Thread Starter

Hello All,

My PC was showing strange errors when I started it after a power failure. CHKDISK ran and located and fixed many files. However I was getting many errors such as ATL.dll missing, mozilla firefox crashed and wont reopen again. Google toolbar notifier error saying it is missing. I cant access Network connections even though Internet is working albeit at a snail's pace. I searched on the forum and found a dll forum which talked about the same error msg i was getting. I downloaded rootrepeal and ran the scan which turned out to be clean. However these error messages continue. I am not getting reading on some windows where there are no words like the properties page on My computer. All I see is name of my computer and a number. I cant even see the different tabs which normally I see under it. However i can click on these blank things. Currently running MCAFEE scan and if nothing found , read in some threads that a HIjackthis scan might be useful as well.

PLz someone help me. I have an exam in 2 days and have to study online but the PC as slow as it is wont let me work properly.

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi a power failure can do exactly as you explain.
    Try a System file checker - it may help.
    Start>run>type
    sfc /scannow

You will need the Xp install Cd
    http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

If not - you may need to do a Repair Install.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice