1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

regarding yahoo chat

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by syssol, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syssol

syssol Thread Starter

there are three question regarding yahoo chat

1. some people send 100's of invitation from so called "cracker box" how do they send; and how to defend against this stuff.

2. some people threaten in chat that "they can reboot a system" and they have done quite number of times. and they call it as sending virus to reboot the system -- how is this possible.

3. even if we try to contact some people through personal message it is not possible reach them and we get a message stating that particular user "does not accept private messeges" how is this possible

please do reply me

2. Foamer

Foamer Guest

Hi syssol.

1... Anyone in Yahoo can get your Yahoo ID unless you request otherwise. This can be changed in your Personal profile on Yahoo.
    You stop the unsolicited Yahoo contacts you can do this...
    In the main Yahoo window, look in the top toolbar at the top for "Login" and select that. Then from there select "Privacy Settings...". A new window will pop up called "Messenger Preferences". At the top of said window "Ignore only the people below:" should be selected. Select "Ignore anyone who is not on my Friend List:" Then at the bottom of the window click "Apply" and then "OK".
    This should take care of your unwanted contacts.

2... These "boot" programs use your IP address to infest your computer. EX IP: 64.233.52.93 . I'm not sure you can Hide your IP address in Yahoo. But I have found that a free download program called "ZoneAlarm" gives a certain degree of protection. You can download ZoneAlarm at sights "ZDnet" and "C/NET".

3... Again In the main Yahoo IM window. Login\Privacy Settings... Look for a section box that says "When people see my ID on Yahoo! web sights" There you can select the option "Do not allow users to see me on line and contact me". You can also use the method I explained in (1...). Also you can chose to click "Ignore" in the message window of anyone you are chatting with.

I hope this was of some help to you :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice