1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reginal and language options (BIG HELP...)!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kamakazidreamer, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kamakazidreamer

kamakazidreamer Thread Starter

to start off the version of windowsXP was a burned copy and was so called "stripped to the bones" version, therefore it really was stripped to the bones came with almost nothing but the system files. but anywayz i realized that i could not get the regional and language options working, no matter what i did nothing would work

1 - i tryed installing them from the CD when it asked for the asian files
    2 - i tryed it manualy installing them (took forever and nothing still..)
    3 - i went into the administrator options and couldnt find anything to do with the reginal options.

what im wondering is, is there a way that the adminstraitor(whoever made this copy of my windowsXP) was able to disable any use of useing the Regional an Language Options even after trying to install?

if so is there a way i can turn it on so i can at least start seeing some chinese/japanese/korean ect. characters on my internet when i go to browse around on those sites instead of " ??? ? ? ?? ?????? ? ? ???" thats getting on my nervs

if there is anyway i can get this working agian taht would be the greatest thing in the world.

thank you.

2. zabusant

zabusant

Well, that's really more the issue with your browser than windows - for instance, my regional settings are far from being anything remotely connected to chinese, however I still see all the simbols displayed correctly while browsing.:)

Are you using Internet Explorer (6.0 or 7.0?).

3. kamakazidreamer

yes im useing IE7, and im also useing firefox(newest version) ive updated everything im sure, but still nothing but

??? ?? ????

its rather odd ive fixed this problem when i used to have a real copy of windows btu now this one doesnt seem to notice taht i want this to work lol. any other ideas?

4. zabusant

zabusant

In IE, go to Tools, Internet options - on the "general" tab select font. Set a font like Arial Unicode (for the web page fonts) :)

5. kamakazidreamer

oh weird, okayi clicked on the japanese one, and there isnt any fonts to select from, that normal?

6. zabusant

zabusant

7. zabusant

zabusant

8. kamakazidreamer

thank you soooooooo mcuh, my windows stopped being a little **** for once lol, if i could ask one more thing, does the first link have just japanese, or do you have a site for the cantonese/mandorin fonts as well?(chinese)

thank you so much again!

9. zabusant

zabusant

10. kamakazidreamer

awsome dude, thnx for the help, i was abt to give up lol.

11. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What EXACTLY is a burnt, stripped down version of Windows? :confused: And the administrator who MADE YOUR COPY??????????????? Sounds VERY ILLEGAL TO ME.

Waiting for an explanation before I close this thread and smack people around.

12. kamakazidreamer

it was given, when i got my er i guess you would call it new computer, its hecka old, butthats what CD i got with it, so whoever had this b4 prolly was illegal, my bad tho dont get mad at me srry. but i was dieing for help with the font issue.

13. zabusant

zabusant

I assumed it was like the XP Starter Edition.

There are quite some stripped down versions of Windows that Microsoft supplies for different markets as far as I know.

Am I mistaken?

14. ~Candy~

Closing thread. That's what I figured. You should review our forum rules prior to posting again.

15. ~Candy~

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/656216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice