1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Regional and Language Options :'(

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hayashi, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hayashi

hayashi Thread Starter

I recently moved from vista back down to ye olde favourite "XP".
    I am studying in Japanese at the moment and I havent had trouble with the regional and language options before but since I installed XP its been giving me a lot of trouble.

What I plan to have working is:
    The ability to type in Japanese (Hiragana, Katakana..etc)
    The ability to see and read Japanese

What I can do after installing the East Asian Languages (Not to mention browsing the internets for help)
    ..: The ability to see and read Japanese.

The thing that gets me is I always get errors when installing but I still can read the japanese just not type it. (I just tried to uninstall it and re'install it and no errors harrah)

So what I'm suppose to do is install the East Asian Languages... Then Go into Languages Tab under regional and languages in control panel. Click "Details" and it will go into a part called "Something Input languages". By Language input they basicly mean the ability to write in a different language.
    So I click "add" I stroll down... no Japanese... no where..no how! so I'm stuck. I search the internet for answers... comes up with the thing I do and it doesnt make sense.!!!

Sorry its long and maybe not 100% understandable..ha..ha sorry abou tthat! But if you can help me it would be great ;) ...

So I've installed service pack 2 XP and just tried to install japanese from it and it doesnt come up with the ability to write.. thats the jist of it.

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

3. hayashi

hayashi Thread Starter

I know how to do that the thing is... it doesnt show up in the input part of the languages!
    It comes up with every language apart from asian languages... I've followed many tutorials just like that one and its all the same.

4. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Hayashi. WHen i do as you do and click the dropdown after clicking add i see many,many languages including Japanese.
    Are you checking the dropdown box? I am running XP Home.

Attached Files:

5. hayashi

hayashi Thread Starter

Hi! I press the drop down and it comes down with all the languages mostly westerner languages such as french, german, spanish, english...etc but it doesnt come up with any asian languages for the input! So I've been through many things such tutorials reading up on it! I've used other computers like in my college and I know how to do it.

The thing is in the input languages they never appear! Since I'm studying Japanese its annoying not being able to type it. So if anyone can help me with it, I would appreciate.

6. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Well don't understand that since the shot i posted shows Japanese. Maybe XP 2000 is the problem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/619487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice