1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Registered User/how to change

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by audifox, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. audifox

audifox Thread Starter

Purchased new computer, gave other computer to sister which had original Win98/Win98SE on it, she upgraded to WinXP, registered under her name; however, computer retained MY name, and everything we've tried to eliminate ownership of computer from my name to hers has not worked. Does anyone know how to do this? Tried: logoff, user, system properties changing, etc. If it is a registry change, please indicate step-by-step because the registry makes me nervous! Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

2. Sponsor

3. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi audifox, Welcome to TSG!!
    Tryhere ! This should give you step by step instructions!

4. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Here is a link to a program that can do that for you. It is about halfway down the page. Download it, extract it to a folder and run it. It will display the current name. Just change the name and click update.

http://www.magsys.co.uk/apps/index.shtml

5. audifox

audifox Thread Starter

Thank you both very much. I will have her try these two solutions. Your link was given me by a friend who highly recommended your site and your assistance. I, too, will be passing your link on to others...you have a great service here for those of us who get stuck with the technical side of computers. I know I will be back! Betty, Eugene, OR

6. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi audiofox,
    Your welcome! Just glad we could help and learn with you!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65483