1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Registry Cleaner for Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ungeek, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ungeek

ungeek Thread Starter

Hi guys:

Saw the ad for Uniblue Registry Booster for Win 7 and ran a scan...

Computer is only a few months old and how is it possible to have 1130 system errors and (a more understandable) 80 user.errors?

Is this a bunch of bunk or real problems or something I should leave alone.

Appreciate your input.

ug

2. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

Dont use it
    You can do damage with a registry cleaner

3. antech

antech Banned

Uniblue is just like a "Hoax".
    Dont ever use a registry cleaner as it can delete some important registry keys which can make your system unbootable

4. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

So-called Registry errors, are normal and after the amount gets to a certain level, they are removed by Windows from time to time.

In order to safely use one of these programs you would have to have a very good knowledge of the Windows Registry, have good and working backups available, time to fix your computer in case there was a problem......etc.

The Registry cleaners or optimizing programs, though they make backups, can cause a host of problems and we do not support their use. The ads that you see while at TechGuy site, are put there and the site owner does as best he can to keep the worst ones out....but he does not have the luxury of total control of what ads do show up.

If you saw the ad you mentioned at a different site the issue is probably much the same as here.

Here, members who donate a minimum amount, I believe it is $20, get NO ads on this site.

5. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

I love ads.... ; -)

Seems hypocritical that TSG will host ads for registry cleaners/tune up utilities on this site, when we all know what damage they can do, job security for all of us I guess.

6. ungeek

ungeek Thread Starter

Thanks, guys. Got it! No registry cleaners. I guess I've been lucky up to this point... .

So how is the best way to uninstall programs, so little bits and pieces left behind are at a minimum? Or is that necessary?

ug

7. antech

antech Banned

For Removing Programs try,
    Revo Uninstaller
    The above link is a hotlink
    If this dosent work,
    Go to Revouninstaller.com and then download the free version

As for the little piece of information left behind,they Slow Down the System and Fragment the Hard Disk.
    i.e. Have a Great Negetive Performance Impact on the System

8. ungeek

ungeek Thread Starter

Thanks, antech.

So, if I understand you correctly, your opinion is that if I use Revo Installer it will eliminate those little left overs that slow things down?

Anyone else have any other pro or cons to this program or others to recommend?

9. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Actually Revo Uninstaller is great.

10. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

Thumbs up here as well

11. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

RevoUninstaller searches for leftover Registry entries pertaining to the program you are removing, and has 4 levels of removal available. I like RevoUninstaller, many of us use it.

12. Wildfire302

Wildfire302

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice