registry cleaner neccesary?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ej

just wondering if a registry cleaner is a good thing to run once in a while. I noticed my system folder is over 2200 files now, over 200 mb, most of which appear to be DLL's. I saw one called
"regcleaner" and am tempted to run it, but I'm a novice and don't want any probs. I'm not having any trouble now, but would like to free up a little more space. Maybe getting rid of some of them would speed up my system too, I already run defrag regularly. Advice?

Registry cleaners don't clear up much hard drive space as it is basically just cleaning up a glorified text file. It does help your PC run more efficiently if it works and as always messing the registry is always a risky proposition.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online