1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Registry Cleaners

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by antech, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. antech

antech Banned Thread Starter

Heres one more question from my side that many cannot answer (including me myself)...
    Everyone(OK,not everyone but almost everyone on this thread) knows that REGISTRY CLEANERS cause a lot of problems and that they are harmful for the system and windows and etc.. and stuff all like that.

But the question is....
    Windows ,over time ,develops many registry related problems and we recommend not to use registry cleaners...
    So How does windows clean the obselete entires left over by corrupted installs,uninstall'es and other activities??
    Does Windows 7 and other version of windows have INBUILT REGISTRY CLEANERS that run over a period of time?
    If so ,how does it works?

This is a GENERALIZED Debate about how windows works and I need some inputs from your side.
    Let me know what you think about it

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Over time .. There's more things that get collected that mess up a good Install of Windows beside the registry ... Not sure about W7 yet.
    It's generally accepted that the registry (mess) will not impact the system performance .. and is not worth worrying about.

The only good answer is a backup of a fresh install .. Using Imaging .. and a periodic restore of Windows.

Windows 7 can make it's own Image Backups .. But 3rd party Imaging is usually recommended.
    I use Acronis .. and an external HDD

3. antech

Thanks for the reply but I am still curious about the question and with your reply,
    my curiosity has been doubled for the answer.
    How does windows cleans the registry itself?
    I had used several registry cleaners in the past and I am using them presently to conduct a personal survey(non profit)......
    Sometimes the RC finds about 200-400 errors and then after several days of using my system they usually find 50-60 errors??
    Howz That?

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    The only people that will tell you that the registry buildup will slow your system down ..
    Are those who are trying to sell you a registry cleaner.

If you think its Broke .. You can fix it till it is :D
    Personally, I think there's more important problems to worry about.

5. antech

No,anyone isnt trying to sell me any kinda RC.
    Thanks again for the quick reply.
    I just want to know how windows 7 works about on its reg!

6. bbearren

bbearren

When you're a hammer, everything else looks like a nail.

For a very rough analogy, think of the registry as a phone book. When you want the phone number for Pullyalup Moneyhand you don't start reading the phone book from the first entry under letter 'A' and continue until you reach the number you're searching for. You flip to 'M', then 'Mo', then 'Mon', and suddenly Pullyalup Moneyhand jumps right out at you.

If the phone of someone you don't know and will never call has been disconnected because they moved, what are the odds that you are going to actively search for that number listed under that name you don't know, or pause to read the name and address associated with that number when you are in fact looking up a number you actually want to dial?

Such a number is an "error" in your phone book, but it in no way hampers or impedes your use of your phone book. As more people (whom you have never known) move, more "errors" appear in your phone book, but still have no effect on your use of your phone book.

7. antech

The is one of the best Explanation of my question.
    Its worth looking for.
    Thanks for a such a Incredible Answer bbearren.
    Good answer.
    But the mytery still continues.......
    Does windows 7 rectifies the registry errors itself??

8. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

9. antech

Thanks Redoak,
    Will do.
    Thanks again.
    I will leave it as unsloved for sometime

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice