1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

registry crash

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by gyates, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyates

gyates Thread Starter

I installed memory to my system (another problem) and my system locked up. After I powered off and started it up again, I had a message that my registry was damaged and it was automatically reverted to the original configuration. I checked for virus with updated definitions, all clean. My biggest issue is my lost e-mail (Outlook 2000), consisting of probably 1000 messages. All other data is backed up and safe. I want to find and save these messages and reformat and start fresh. Is this possible? How can I locate this stuff?

2. columbo

columbo

Hi,

All you should have to do is perform a search on your HD for any files with a *.pst extension. Then back those up to another drive or find a way to copy them to disks.

Usually these single files are the entire message stores for Outlook 2000.

Good Luck

Columbo

3. gyates

gyates Thread Starter

I had already been there, but I thought that would be the new messages since I repaired Outlook. I went ahead and imported both files, one was the new messages and the other was the old messages. Thank you.
    Now to backup and format, etc. Then to find out why extra memory won't work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice