registry crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gyates

I installed memory to my system (another problem) and my system locked up. After I powered off and started it up again, I had a message that my registry was damaged and it was automatically reverted to the original configuration. I checked for virus with updated definitions, all clean. My biggest issue is my lost e-mail (Outlook 2000), consisting of probably 1000 messages. All other data is backed up and safe. I want to find and save these messages and reformat and start fresh. Is this possible? How can I locate this stuff?

Hi,

All you should have to do is perform a search on your HD for any files with a *.pst extension. Then back those up to another drive or find a way to copy them to disks.

Usually these single files are the entire message stores for Outlook 2000.

Good Luck

Columbo

gyates

I had already been there, but I thought that would be the new messages since I repaired Outlook. I went ahead and imported both files, one was the new messages and the other was the old messages. Thank you.
Now to backup and format, etc. Then to find out why extra memory won't work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online