1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

registry editor -help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sarah65, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sarah65

sarah65 Thread Starter

One of my kids has somehow got into the registry editor and i cant get out of it - it wont let me click on 'disconnect...'. Am complete beginner and worried about mucking up stuff:confused:

2. gfxrelay

gfxrelay

hola click on file and then exit or just press alt and f4 together

3. sarah65

sarah65 Thread Starter

thanks for that gfxrelay, that did make it go away but so have all my desk top icons including start - any ideas?:(

4. gfxrelay

gfxrelay

do you have xp or 98 if you have xp try right clicking on the desktop go to desktop click on the customize desktop tab and mark all the boxes and see then

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If that's happening you've got some other problem. But you should be able to get the desktop back either by rebooting or by doing a ctrl-alt-del to open the Task Manager, then select File > Run: explorer

I suggest you do a System Restore to a date prior to these problems after that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice