registry error in windows ME

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rubeckf

First Name
Ruth
I thought we had the thing solved by doing what we were told to do....boot with windows ME boot disk , minimal and then the regscan finally. It got us that far and started and then said unable to repair. Something about deleting files to give more space etc. We can't delete files because it won't get into anything except keeps going back to scan disk in safe mode. When it's first turned on it has a quick flash like it's going to to open into windows and then all this other. Can we remove the HD even with this error and put it in the new computer and get files off it as a slave drive??

can't you put your windows me restore disk in and fix the problem with out losing everything ? my friend has me and thats what i did.

rubeckf

First Name
Ruth
This is a friends computer. He swears he doesn't have a restore disk. I'm sure he must have one. It's a Dell computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online